A few years ago I decided to get a “video jukebox” type of device that would let me view videos (mostly my daughter’s stuff) without having to switch DVDs all the time.
At the time I got an Archos TV+.
It’s a great device, but is no longer supported and doesn’t support HD.
I’m now on the lookout for a new device that supports the following:
- Built in Ethernet (so I can play from our DS209 NAS Device)
- Can play DVD ISOs with full menu support (so I don’t have to rip my DVDs into individual files / easy subtitle support, etc)
- Supports HD (720 is fine for me, though it seems they all do full 1080)
- Can play the usual suspects (divx, xvid, mp4, aac, etc)
- Not a full fledged PC (something I can put on top of my DVD player)
I’m creating a list and will post here later, though please chime in if you have suggestions.
Leave a Reply